Kissimmee, FL Real Estate
Kissimmee offers big-city conveniences and world-class attractions amidst the natural beauty of Central Florida. If you’re looking for new homes for sale in Kissimmee, FL, here’s what you need to know about the local housing market and the coveted Kissimmee lifestyle.
KISSIMMEE, FL AT A GLANCE
Nestled on the northwestern banks of magnificent Lake Toho, Kissimmee is known as “The Vacation Home Capital of the World” for good reason – located within proximity of Walt Disney Resort, this underrated city offers many adventures off the beaten path. From Shingle Creek to Old Town, there’s a surprise waiting in every corner.
When it comes to real estate, few places can rival its idyllic lakeside setting. It encompasses 22 square miles in the northwest portion of Osceola County and is home to a thriving population of a little over 85,000 as of 2023. The city is served by Kissimmee Gateway Airport (ISM), which provides pilot training and aviation services and accommodations.
Located roughly 11 miles from Orlando Airport and about 22 miles from downtown Orlando, Kissimmee is a destination in its own right with gorgeous homes, established neighborhoods, and first-rate amenities. Enjoy the vacation lifestyle year-round when you choose Kissimmee.
Once home to the Jororo, Kissimmee was primarily a citrus hub and ranching community until Walt Disney World Resort opened in 1971 and brought flocks of tourists and homebuyers to the area. Previously known as Allendale after Confederate Major J. H. Allen, the city gets its present name from the Jororo word for “long water” after the creek that ran through the area. Kissimmee was incorporated as a city in 1883. Today, it is one of the most desirable places to live in Central Florida.
KISSIMMEE, FL REAL ESTATE MARKET
An Overview of the housing market
Kissimmee real estate offers a wide range of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. Some of the most coveted properties in the area offer lake views. New homes for sale in Kissimmee, FL feature manicured lawns, spacious driveways, oversized garages, open layouts, and stainless steel appliances. These homes are built by leading builders such as Bellavista Homes, K. Hovnanian Homes, Lennar Homes, and Pulte Homes. Popular architectural styles include Contemporary, Ranch, Craftsman, and Mediterranean.
American Home Shield ranked Kissimmee #3 in its list of “The Best Places to Buy a Vacation Home in 2022”. The city also harbors one of the largest collections of vacation home rentals in the world – the city offers more than 50,000 vacation properties within close proximity to some of Central Florida’s top attractions.
Notable neighborhoods and gated communities include:
- Avilla Reserve
- Bass Lake Estates
- Boggy Creek
- Club Cortile
- Cypress Reserve
- Indian Ridge
Get in touch with My New Home Outlet for more information on neighborhoods and new homes for sale in Kissimmee, FL.
LIVING IN KISSIMMEE, FL
Kissimmee is home to a diverse population. The city has had more than its fair share of high-profile residents, including the late NFL player Dewayne Douglas, retired UFC fighter José Aldo, race car driver Jonathan Summerton, former Backstreet Boys member A. J. McLean, and Tupperware marketer and entrepreneur Brownie Wise.
The city is served by the Osceola County School District, which provides quality education and academic support to an estimated 69,000 students from kindergarten to 12th grade across 60 schools. The district’s graduation rate of 91% is higher than the state average.
Schools in and around Kissimmee include:
- Kissimmee Elementary School
- Cypress Elementary School
- Highlands Elementary School
- Mill Creek Elementary School
- Imagine Kissimmee Charter Academy
- Osceola Science STEM Charter School
- Osceola County School for the Arts
- Renaissance Charter School at Tapestry
- Osceola High School
- Gateway High School
Some of the largest employers in Kissimmee and Greater Osceola include Kissimmee Utility Authority, Toho Water Authority, Osceola County School District, Family Health Care of Central Florida, PepsiCo, Lowe’s, and Tupperware Brands. The local economy is supported by tourism, manufacturing, and the medical and aerospace industries.
- Lake Tohopekaliga, better known as Lake Toho, is a 22,000-acre lake surrounded by 40 miles of pristine shoreline and scenic hiking and biking trails. As the largest lake in Osceola County, Lake Toho presents plenty of opportunities for boating, wakeboarding, water skiing, and paddleboarding with a marina offering boat rentals and charters.
The lake is also a popular fishing spot for largemouth bass, bluegill, walleye, and black crappie. Other native wildlife that can be spotted in and around the lake includes alligators, turtles, otters, ospreys, wading birds, and bald eagles.
- The Paddling Center at Shingle Creek provides solo and guided tours and single and tandem kayak rentals to those who wish to explore a seven-mile paddle trail that flows through a gorgeous cypress forest and into Lake Toho. Water activities include kayaking, canoeing, and stand-up paddle boarding. Other highlights include on-site picnic tables and BBQ grills for group events and several hiking and biking trails.
- Osceola Arts, formerly known as the Footlight Theatre Guild, is a gallery and performing arts venue that hosts rotating exhibits and produces over 150 plays, musicals, concerts, and visual art events.
- Museum of Military History features uniforms, weapons, army jeeps, and interactive exhibits on the Civil War, World War I, World War II, and other historic events.
- Stallion 51 offers orientation flight programs where aspiring pilots can gain hands-on experience. The facility features a lobby and viewing deck where loved ones can watch during take-off. Stallion 51’s in-house sales team specializes in the selling and acquisition of vintage aircraft, including P-51 Mustangs and various types of trainer and fighter aircrafts.
- Old Town Kissimmee is a theme park offering classic carnival rides, vintage car shows, vibrant shopping, casual dining, and luxurious spa services. Attractions include the Ferris wheel, carousel, Postmortem Manor, Hangman Challenge, and the Great Magic Hall, just to name a few.
- Fun Spot America features the first wooden roller coaster in the Orlando Metro Area and two of the tallest Sky Coasters in the world. Other highlights include a 90-foot swing ride, steel suspended inverter coaster, splash pad, several go-kart tracks, and a horror-themed obstacle course.
- Reunion Resort & Golf Club offers plush accommodations, fine casual dining, and world-class golf in Kissimmee. Amenities include an elegantly appointed clubhouse, water park, tennis courts, and three golf courses designed by renowned architects Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Tom Watson.
Shopping and dining
- Columbia Promenade Shopping Center is a 66,000-square-foot retail complex with supermarkets and casual dining options.
- Kissimmee Value Outlet Shops carries major brand names like Nike, Dress Barn, BonWorth, and Bealls.
- Mill Creek Mall is anchored by All-Star Home Furniture, Cici’s Pizza, and Hecho en Puerto Rico Latin Market.
- Plaza del Sol offers more than 400,000 square feet of retail just off of U.S. Highway 192. It features an array of boutiques, major retailers, service providers, nail and hair salons, and several casual dining options, including Tex-Mex, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and New American fare.
- Promenade at Sunset Walk is an open-air entertainment district with major brands like Skechers and Verizon, specialty shops like Naples Soap Company and Paradise Spirits, and casual dining restaurants that serve Brazilian steak, sushi, fresh oysters, coal-fired pizza, and Korean BBQ.
This commercial district also features family-friendly attractions like Island H20 Water Park, Studio Movie Grill, Sunset Walk Slingshot, Gametime, and Escapology Live Escape Game with seasonal events throughout the year.
- The Crosslands Shopping Center is a 450,000-square-foot shopping and entertainment complex with major retailers like Kirkland’s, Marshalls, and Petsmart. It also has an array of casual dining restaurants like Cheddar’s, Outback Steakhouse, and Starbucks.
- The Loop Kissimmee is a modern lifestyle center with major retailers like Aeropostale, Bed, Bath & Beyond, CVS, Torrid, and Yankee Candle. It has casual dining options like Chili’s, Chipotle, Johnny Rockets, and Little Greek and is home to Regal Cinema.
- Ventura Downs is a strip mall with a pharmacy, liquor store, fitness studio, beauty salons, offices, and several fastfood and casual dining options.
WORK WITH MY NEW HOME OUTLET TODAY
Ready to explore your real estate options in Florida? Contact My New Home Outlet at 407.809.8198, send them an email, or fill out their contact form to find new homes for sale in Kissimmee, FL and the surrounding communities. Victor Rivera and Nuria Laso have over 20 years of experience in real estate and financing. Specializing in real estate listings and new construction, this husband-and-wife team simplifies the buying and selling process for all their clients.
Nuria is a Realtor and Certified International Property Specialist while Victor is a licensed Broker and Certified New Home Specialist. Their knowledge of the new home system is unparalleled, having lived in the master-planned community of Lake Nona for the last 17 years. Working with their team will bring you one step closer to your dream home.
No Matches Found